Success After 11 Years
For some men, they are concerned that 11 years after vasectomy, a reversal is not possible. Mr Harriss’s latest audited results (June 1027) show that you would have at least an 80% chance of success after 11 years. Here are some testimonials from men in similar positions who have attended our clinic along with some of the semen analysis results that were obtained consequently. They are not necessarily the same men whose are shown and who sent in testimonials.
Some Positive Semen Analysis Results 11 Years After Vasectomy:
A 43 year old now has a sperm count of 12 million per ml.
A 42 year old now has a sperm count of 16 million per ml.
A 41 year old now has a sperm count of 30 million per ml.
A 47 year old now has a sperm count of 10 million per ml.
A 40 year old now has a sperm count of 47 million per ml.
A 46 year old now has a sperm count of 7.5 million per ml.
A 46 year old now has a sperm count of 20 million per ml.
A 38 year old now has a sperm count of 11 million per ml.
A 40 year old now has a sperm count of 55 million per ml.
A 46 year old now has a sperm count of 55 million per ml.
Testimonials from Couples 11 Years After Vasectomy
These are all true and obtained from couples under Mr Harriss’s care. Records are kept of file. Hundreds of testimonials that have been received about Mr Harriss’s care and results, and over 100 Feefo independent feedback responses have been obtained of which 100% are excellent. The testimonials below are those relating to men who were 10 years post vasectomy:
* We would like to say a huge thank you to Mr Harriss and his team involved in my husband’s vasectomy reversal in October 2009, 11 years after the original vasectomy. By early February 2010 he received fantastic results for sperm count and motility and I became pregnant in March 2010 aged 41. Unfortunately an early miscarriage followed, but I am pleased to say that I have just discovered I am pregnant again (September 2010) just before my 42nd birthday. Fingers crossed for this one, but whatever the outcome we cannot thank Duncan enough for giving us the chance to at least try for our dream. My husband felt well looked after at The Park Hospital and was happy with the aftercare he received when he needed reassurance over the healing process. Once again thank you to Mr Harriss and his wonderful team for giving us the best chance of success.J.R.* Hi Bev.Firstly, may we start by thanking you for all of your assistance in getting us booked in for the consultation/vasectomy reversal operation that we under went on the 31st January. You have been most helpful and professional throughout, and we thank you very much for your time and understanding.Secondly, we would like to send our sincere thanks to Mr Harriss.As you know, to cut down the travelling, we opted to have the consultation and operation on the same day with Mr Harriss.If we are honest, this probably made us more nervous, as we had no idea of what to expect or what chances of success Duncan would give us. We were purely going on the testimonials we had read on your website.However, from the moment we arrived at the Park Hospital our nerves and anxiousness were swiftly put to ease.The check-in to our room was extremely quick, leaving us little time to mill over the enormity of the day ahead.The nurses were wonderful, and a special thank you goes to Carol, who is an asset to your hospital. Her caring, understanding and sympathy is undeniable. After being checked in and shown around the room etc, Mr Harriss came to talk to us. He is not how you imagine a surgeon to be. His bedside manner and sense of humour are excellent, and it is clear that he has great passion for what he does. The consultation chat was very comfortable, with a bit of humour thrown in, which is exactly what we needed, as by this time my husband was extremely nervous. The operation was explained in great detail and all of our questions answered with complete honesty and understanding.As we are post 10 years since the original vasectomy we have been given a 50% chance of success. We were asked how that compared with our expectations, and like most, if not all of the couples contemplating a reversal any percentage has to be worth a try, and we were more than happy to go ahead with the operation. Shortly after the chat it was time!My husband came back just over an hour later, slightly muzzy from the anaesthetic, but in minimal pain. He had a comfortable night and was given the all clear to go home the following day. Mr Harriss came to see us to discuss how the operation had gone both after surgery and the following day. We were relieved and thrilled to hear that it went well and that both tubes had been re-joined without any difficulty.Mr Harriss is charming, professional and clearly very very good at what he does. We even found out that we both have a love for Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands! Duncan has done all he can do now, and it is up to us to try and make this happen.We honestly can not thank him enough!!We hope to be in touch with good news in 3 months time!With great thanks and appreciation. C.R.
* Hi Bev. Just a note to add to your other happy stories. We have just found out i am expecting a baby next may! My partner had his reversal in jan and we didnt have the best of sperm counts as he was 11 years post versectomy. I would like to say a great big thank you to everyone involved, and lots of luck to those who are on the same journey. C.W.
* Dear Bev & Dr Harriss,Firstly, apologies for not emailing sooner but life’s been pretty manic since the op.XX had his op at the beginning of April, 11 years after his vasectomy. Dr Harriss was optimistic that we would be able to conceive.We came back at the beginning of July for the sperm test and were delighted when you called us that evening to say that the op had been a success.We moved house on 13 August and found out that day that we were expecting. We’ve now had the 12 week scan and are delighted to say that baby seems to be happy & healthy.We can’t begin to thank you enough for everything that Dr Harriss did for us. We never thought we’d be able to have children together.We’ve already recommended your clinic to friends and just wanted to say a big heartfelt thank you for everything. P.M.
* Dear Dr Harriss & Team,Just wanted to share with you our little bundle of joy. My patner had his vasectomy reversed at the beginning of April 2011 and on 24 April this year, i gave birth to a beautiful little girl. We never thought we would be lucky enough to have children as my partner had undergone a vasectomy 11 years before. XX weighed in at a healthy 7lb 10oz and took her time! (10 days overdue) We really cant thank you enough for the precious gift you have given us.Many many thanks, P.M.
* Hi,We just wanted to thankyou all very kindly, In december my husband underwent a reversal, the staff were very accomodating and so lovely, even the canteen lady was very helpful, Mr Harriss was equally as nice, introducing whoever was taking part with the procedure, an nobody judged us, just put us at ease, my husband was 43 when he had the op, and it was over 10ys since he had the vasectomy, so we thought our chances were slim, how little did we know! after 4 months since the op we dicovered we were having a baby, due in december, so thankyou mr Harriss and your team, you are all brilliant!! P.H.
* hi there, I would just like to give you an update, I had a vasectomy reversal done with Duncan Harris after 11years of original vasectomy in March 2013, being 39 years old and the time between the original vasectomy I was unsure of the outcome. The procedure itself was painless and recovery was quick, all members of the team acted professional and friendly which automatically put me at ease, However I did walk like John Wayne for a few days!!! After three months we travelled back to Nottingham for the semen analysis again of which all ran very smoothly. Waiting for the post to arrive with the results of the analysis was very scary, the vasectomy reversal had been successful and with a low sperm count of 4 million we managed to achieve pregnancy after four months of procedure, to our surprise early august after many pregnancy tests to confirm the results we were pregnant!! After 72hours of labour!!! Our gorgeous baby girl arrived safely on the 20th April 2014 ( Easter Sunday our little chick), weighing 6lb3oz at 02.57am, both mum and baby are doing really well. We would like to thank everyone involved in our journey without this our little family would not be achieved. S.H.
* Just to let you know that after having my vasectomy reversal in early November 2013 about eleven years after the vasectomy we have just found out that my wife is pregnant. We couldn’t fault the care and service we experienced at every stage of contact with yourselves. Thank you. D.T.
We are here to help you maximise your chances of success 11 years after vasectomy. To find out more about our process, please go to this page where you will find information about consultations, clinics, surgery and times.