Chance of Success 8 Years After Vasectomy
For some men, they are concerned that 8 years after vasectomy, a reversal is not possible. Mr Duncan Harriss‘s latest audited results (June 2017) show that you would have at least a 90% chance of success after 8 years. Here are some testimonials from men in similar positions who have attended our clinic along with some of the semen analysis results that were obtained consequently. They are not necessarily the same men whose are shown and who sent in testimonials.
Some Positive Semen Analysis Results 8 Years After Vasectomy:
A 33 year old now has a sperm count of 75 million per ml
A 35 year old now has a sperm count of 35 million per ml
A 38 year old now has a sperm count of 16 million per ml
A 45 year old now has a sperm count of 55 million per ml
A 47 year old now has a sperm count of 107 million per ml
Testimonials from Couples 8 Years After Vasectomy
These are all true and obtained from couples under Mr Harriss’s care. Records are kept of file. Hundreds of testimonials that have been received about Mr Harriss’s care and results, and over 100 Feefo independent feedback responses have been obtained of which 100% are excellent. The testimonials below are those relating to men who were 8 years post vasectomy:
* Bev,After some time since last contacting you, I thought I should let you know that XXX gave birth to our daughter, on 12 June, so she is now just short of three months old and doing fine!I recall that I rang you last summer to say that Lucy was pregnant, but sadly she miscarried during July 2009, at about 11 weeks. This was really upsetting, and we were of course advised to not try again until she had had one normal period. Although the miscarriage was a very unpleasant experience, leaving a big hole in our lives, we decided that we had to try again straight away. XXX also recovered very quickly, both mentally and physically, and at almost the very first opportunity she fell pregnant again before the end of August, and the net outcome is that we now have a beautiful little daughter.This is all nothing short of a miracle to us. Two years ago, I was physically unable to become a father again, and having met Duncan for a consultation, his calculated assessment was that the reversal procedure gave us no more than a 30% chance of success (given that 8 years had passed since I had the original vasectomy operation) However, we took the courageous approach, and pressed on with the reversal operation. Again, all I can do is sing praises to Duncan and the team for both the straight, honest, direct guidance to us, and of course for his success in carrying out such a successfull reversal! We sometimes stop to pinch ourselves, knowing that we now have a family of our own, and in fact the last piece of the jigsaw occurs in October, when we finally get married. Even more fantastic is that we have a beautiful little flower girl coming with us on the day!!!I hope you will pass on our thanks and best wishes to Duncan, and of course thanks to you too Bev, for your help and support. R.D.
* Dear Duncan and Bev,I am writing to you with some very good news! S had his vasectomy reversal on the 13th Sept 2010, 8 years after his original vasectomy. Although both sides were reattached, there was some difficulty with one side due to a previous operation. The week before christmas we received our sperm analysis results, which were a very low 1million p/ml with only 4% of those swimming, so although we were very pleased it had worked and there was sperm present, we thought we were in it for the long haul. Just over 2weeks later, I found out I was pregnant! Amazing! We are still in shock and couldnt be happier! So from VR to conception was only 16 weeks, with only 4%!! A miracle!Thank you so much Duncan and to your team and I hope this brings hope and encouragement to many others. It has been a wonderful experience form start to finish and I would truly recommend Dr. Harriss and the Park Hospital to anybody thinking of having this procedure done, good luck to you all!!Thank you so so much 🙂 xx V.D.
*: Hi Bev, I hope that you and Dr. Harriss are both well, I always look on the site and your facebook group for recent news and it’s great to see all the success! 🙂 I sent you a testimonial back in Jan, (I’ve copied and pasted it as a refresh) Dear Duncan and Bev, I am writing to you with some very good news! S had his vasectomy reversal on the 13th Sept 2010, 8 years after his original vasectomy. Although both sides were reattached, there was some difficulty with one side due to a previous operation. The week before christmas we received our sperm analysis results, which were a very low 1million p/ml with only 4% of those swimming, so although we were very pleased it had worked and there was sperm present, we thought we were in it for the long haul. Just over 2weeks later, I found out I was pregnant! Amazing! We are still in shock and couldnt be happier! So from VR to conception was only 16 weeks, with only 4%!! A miracle!Thank you so much Duncan and to your team and I hope this brings hope and encouragement to many others. It has been a wonderful experience form start to finish and I would truly recommend Dr. Harriss and the Park Hospital to anybody thinking of having this procedure done, good luck to you all!! Thank you so so much 🙂 xx Anyway, I just wanted to update and let you know that everything is fine and that we are expecting a girl and couldnt be more happier. Please find attached pictures from our 12 week and 20 week scan for your ‘watching a baby grow’ page. I booked a 4D scan today and will happily forward you those pictures when I get them on the 29th June! Thank you so much again! I still can’ belive it’s happening for us, a true miracle and we can’t wait!! Keep up the very good work!! All the best, Us and Baby Girl Bump 🙂 xx V.D.
* I would like to record my sincere thanks to Mr Harriss, the anaesthetist and indeed the whole of Mr Harriss’ team, for the highly professional skill, nursing professionalism and care, shown to me in my recent stay for a vasectomy reversal.At 50 years of age and some 8 1/2 years since my vasectomy, It would be fair to say that I was very apprehensive of the procedure, but was instantly put at ease on arrival at 5pm, were I was met by kind and understanding staff at the hospital, who went to a lot of trouble to help me get settled..I soon met Mr Harriss and the Anaesthetist (sorry, can’t recall his name) in the comfort of my private room, where they both patiently and politely went through the procedure with me, following which I was left well informed and comfortable with what was to happen. I found their informal and re-assuring manner very comforting and both were very helpful and willing to take plenty of time in explaining everything to me. I was made comfortable from the very start and the nursing staff cared for me both before the op, on arrival at the theatre and during my recovery afterwards.My procedure was later the same evening, but I was cared for well beforehand and a meal was provided afterwards, as was an excellent breakfast the following morning. Nursing staff checked on me throughout the night and I was comforted by the continual care taken over my well-being and comfort. The procedure went well and I was delighted to be visited by Mr Harriss early the next morning to be told that he, too, was pleased with the operation and had been able to re-connect both tubes without complication.Following the operation, I experienced only mild discomfort, though some bruising, but which was exactly as I had been made aware of beforehand and, as such, I was able to deal with at home without undue concern. The incision healed well and now I have a scar, which can barely be seen.I’m now fully recovered and waiting with anticipation/excitement for the 3-month analysis to see if all has indeed “gone well” Overall, I found the experience to be a very positive one and would highly recommend Mr Harriss and his team to anyone considering a similar procedure.I had a first-class service, which made the whole process a very positive and rewarding experience, and I again extend my thanks to Mr Harriss and his team for their care.Kindest regards and sincere thanks again K.B.
* Dear Mr Harriss,I write to inform you that my vasectomy reversal has been successful. You carried out the reversal in Spetember 2010 when I was aged 42 and it was approximately 8 years after my vasectomy,On 2nd September 2011 my fiancee gave birth to our beautiful baby girl. I cannot thank you enough for making this joyous occasion possible.I also wish to thank you and your staff for your professionalism and treatment f me whilst under your care at the Park Hospital. My fiancee and I are eternally grateful to you for helping us start a new family together and we wish you many more success in the future. N.B.
* hiya catherine, this is just a quick note to once again thank Mr Harriss on making it possible for us to concieve.. XXX came in for his reversal after 8 yrs in April 2012 and we really never thought this day would come, but with your help it has and we welcome to the world little XXX 22.02.13 what an amazing journey we’ve had so thank you once again for helping us make this possible. N.M.
* my partner and i visited your clinic in march last year where dr duncan harris performed a versectomy reversal on my partner.he had his vasectomy 8 years previous.we are both now 35 years of age and i gave birth to our georgeous little boy in april this year.It took only around 4 months for me to get pregnant.Every aspect of the reversal was dealt with fantastically.The staff were lovely as was the hospital itself.Thankyou so much xx
* Dear Catharine and Dr Harris, I had my vasectomy reversal op carried out by Mr Harris in February 2013, 8 years after my vasectomy. We decided not to return to Nottingham to have a sperm analysis due to living in the South of the UK but carried out a home sperm analysis test. This showed a good result of over 20 million sperm per ml. I am 42 and my wife is 42 also and we have been trying for 6 months and on month 7 we have become pregnant! An amazing job by Mr Harris, a true miracle! Thank you for the amazing care at BMI, the staff were very friendly and informative. We would recommend the process to any family wanting a good chance at achieving their dreams of having a child.
* Hi, Just wanting to email to let you know that I am 22 weeks pregnant and we are so happy, this would not be possible without Dr.Harris! And your brilliant clinic. My husband had his reversal in October 2011 after having his vasectomy 8 years previous. We only started trying to conceive for a baby this year and fell within the 2 month!! His sperm count was only 4.6m when the average is 26m so we were concerned but clearly there was no need. After having both the 12 week and 20 week scan everything is ok and we can’t wait for our arrival next March. Again we can’t thank you enough for making this possible for us, thank you. Thank you also to your wonderful clinic and staff which provided a brilliant service. We are here to help you maximise your chances of success 8 years after vasectomy. To find out more about our process, please go to this page where you will find information about consultations, clinics, surgery and times.
* Hi, we wanted to share our wonderful news with you! After 8 years before the reversal, we were unsure how successful we would be. After researching and finding your services, we were very excited and hopeful that we would be able to conceive, but still didn’t count our chickens!
After having the op, we waited a little while before trying for a baby because we were getting married. On returning from honeymoon and settling in to our new home, we started planning for a baby……6 weeks later we were pregnant!!! In November (2013) our wonderful, beautiful boy was born and is perfect in every way! We really are ever so grateful to Dr Harris and his team for a great service and for blessing us with this gift! We are already planning the next! Thankyou, J.S.
* Wednesday 15th June 2016 me and my partner travelled 3.5 hours to have his vasectomy reversal (8years+ vasectomy) and it all went great.. Dr Harris and his team was amazing with my partner while we stayed.. Can’t thank him enough for the success, and hopefully our dreams can finally come true.. Will keep you updated when we have big news. Thanks again! Xx